Re: Courier Packages

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 12:39:23AM -0800, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> > I hope I managed to fix most of the outstanding bugs to the
> > Courier packages. Unfortunately I unable to upload new
> > packages for a while, so I attached the diff against
>
> Shall someone else upload it as NMU?

No, I'm just connected again for a while and uploaded the new packages.

> > the last Courier release (0.32.0). Please test it out
> > if you can and send feedback about it.
>
> One problem still remains. The old config files stay in /etc/, so if you do
> not know exacty what's going on you start editing /etc/courier-imapd.config
> instead of /etc/courier/imapd. Of course I would prefer if the old settings
> are moved. But at least I would expect a notice during installation that the
> old files are not valid anymore.

OK, I think this approach is perfectly valid. Do you know of any
similar transitions so I can look at existing code ?

Thanks for bugging me ...

Ciao
        Racke

--
I'm currently on holidays in the USA.
Don't expect any further mails before March 20th.