Re: Xpdf fuckware

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:34:43AM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> >From a usability point of view, it should probably be a popup with a
> "Do it anyway" -button instead requirin an -ignoreperms option. I would,
> personally, like to know when I'm going against then author's wishes, and
> then have an easy way to override those when I deem it to be morally and
> legally correct. Having to re-start xpdf (which might have been started
> from within a web browser, for example) is annoying, so a popup that
> asks me would be nicer.

OK, I'll investigate this option. (Even better if Adam wants to.)
Xpdf uses a custom X toolkit, which may or may not have a suitable
dialog box already implemented. I agree that it's a nuisance to have
to restart, especially if Xpdf has been launched through mimetypes
or similar.

> Is there any reason to care about what Slashdotters say, just because
> they say it on Slashdot?

Not particularly. It's just another source of discussion. Currently there
are three threads about this: this mailing list, debianplanet.org, and
slashdot. I'm only listening to this one seriously.

Hamish