Re: Xpdf fuckware

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 09:55:30PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:17:10AM -0800, Brian Frederick Kimball wrote:
> > Adam Langley (author of the patch) has privately suggested
> >
> > 	"The author of this PDF has requested that you don't [copy
> > 	text|print]. Use the -ignoreperms option to do this"
> >
> > which I think is fine.
>
> Hmm, such a message would confuse me if I got it.  It seems words
> missing somehow.  There should at least be an "anyway" at the end,
> to make clear that "do this" doesn't mean "honour the request".

I agree. I like the following:

"The author of this PDF has requested that you don't [copy
text from|print] this document. Use the -ignoreperms option
to ignore this request."

Any objections?

Lots of slashdotters think we are being hypocritical if we implement this.
I disagree since we're not making it the default. Anyone else?

Hamish