Re: XEmacs and LDAP

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

>     Dave> It would be nice to have, but is it good to have a library
>     Dave> dependency for all other users of emacs who doesn't want or
>     Dave> need LDAP?
>
> xemacs21-bin and xemacs21-mule in unstable already depend on
> libopenldap1????

  Actually, the XEmacs installed on my system is xemacs21-gtk-nomule, and it looks like it does not depend on any libldap: if the other flavours of xemacs are linked to ldap, why not do it for this one too ?  this way we'll have a consistent set of compile options through the range of available emacs.

  As a side note, the gtk version of xemacs already depends on the Gnome libraries, esd and all (be afraid), so adding a dependency to ldap on this one would not do much more harm !

Ed