Re: XEmacs and LDAP

> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:40:50AM +0000, Edouard Lafargue wrote:
> >
> >   I noticed that xemacs (xemacs-21-gtk in my case) seems to have
> > trouble with LDAP and eudc: is it because the version included in
> > unstable was compiled without support for LDAP ? Wouldn't it be a good
> > thing to include it ? Getting LDAP completion when I send emails would
> > be neat.

It would be nice to have, but is it good to have a library dependency for
all other users of emacs who doesn't want or need LDAP?

I find it concerning that many variants of many packages are
cluttering up th packages list.  With that in mind I have to consider it
more prudent to:

1) keep the package as 'slim' as possible (i.e. no LDAP dependency)
and
2)  put a ccouple of comments in the appropriate debian/* files to let
	people apt-get source them and rebuild with the extra options they
	want/need more easily.

Dave

p.s. I'd like to have it myself, but I'd rather recompile the package
myself than lumber everyone else with LDAP just because they want to use
emacs.