Re: recent lintian test run results, not good

On 28-Feb-2001 Brian May wrote:

>     Sean> lintian took 3 hours to run over the above list.  I have
>     Sean> submitted bugs on some of the entries.
>
> A large number of errors seem to come from hurd and hurd-dev.
>
> Some of these aren't really errors, eg.
>
> E: hurd: statically-linked-binary ./hurd/ext2fs.static

I have no way of knowing when a static bin is on purpose or an error. So the
warning happens.  Lintian has overrides for this very reason.

> While this is only 2.5% of what is contained in lintian_run-20010227,
> I suggest that problems due to hurd specific packages should not be
> included until Hurd is going to be released in stable.

this was meant for more of an informative list than a "we must remove these
packages" kind of thing.

Also note that since this list came from pools, lintian may have duplicate
messages due to there being more than one version of a package in the pool.