Re: State of tcl/tk for woody ?

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 05:12:31PM +0100, Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr> spake forth:
>   But the way, why are there so many versions of tcl/tk in Debian ? Are all
>   these versions really usefull or is this just a matter of not recompiling
>   applications against the new libs ?

Upstream has a habit of making big changes between minor versions. Many
packages that work with one of the three versions I maintain will not work
with one or all of the remaining versions; either API changes in libtcl,
changes in the interpreter, etc. Trust me, I'd like to thin them out a
little too, but the picture's not looking good for the foreseeable future
:).

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Spock: We suffered 23 casualties in that attack, Captain.