Re: openldapd (stable) --> slapd (unstable)

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

>     Paul> <upgrade... edit config... whatevery...>
>
>     Paul> and then: $ cd /var/lib/openldap/; ldif2ldbm -i
>     Paul> /path/to/db.ldif
>
> I think the required program is called slapadd, but slapadd doesn't
> work; the error I get in the postinst script comes from slapadd:
>
> snoopy:/var/lib/openldap# slapadd -l /ldif
> slapadd: could not parse entry (line=11)

With -d 1 slapadd should have say you what went wrong.

Here are some things I had to modify :

   * If your base is dc=domain,dc=com db.ldif will include dn: dc=com
     which slapadd will refuse.

   * Are your objectclass fully defined ? The debian install includes
     only /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema. You certainly need other
     ones.

              Jean Charles
--
Jean Charles Delépine - Équipe Réseaux Télécoms - Université de Picardie
   -+- If NT is the answer, you didn't understand the question. -+-