OT: Re: ITP: aee -- an easy to use editor

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Ramakrishnan M wrote:

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> I intent to package aee, an easy to use editor.
>
> >From the webpage of aee:
>    An easy to use text editor. Intended to be usable with little or no
> instruction. Provides both a terminal (curses based) interface and native
> X-Windows interface (in
>    which case the executable is called xae). Features include pop-up menus,
> journalling (to recover from system crash or loss of connection),
> cut-and-paste, multiple buffers    (associated with files or not), and much
> more.

<SARCASM>
... the 1001st reincarnation of emacs.

It was nice if it would be usable with little or no interaction, could
possibly someone implement this, or did I just miss telepathy.el

.. just wondering how long it will take until an average Linux
distribution fills one entire cd with editors only.
</SARCASM>

What on earth is it that makes writing editors that much popular?

--
Manfred Wassmann
PGP and GnuPG public keys available at http://germany.keyserver.net