Re: Autobuilding with cross-compiler to solve m68k woes?

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:

> [ Another inevitable cross-compilation suggestions ]

No, no, no.  Cross compiling is NOT the answer.  I would rather see
m68k dropped than having it cross-compiled.  Cross-compiling is evil,
does not work all the time and is quite simply not the answer...

Buildd has many faults, but one of it's strengths is that it is
perfectly scalable out of the box.  If an architecture is really too
slow, you add more boxes.  The fact that there is currently only one
buildd per architecture is pure happenstance and _not_ a limitation of
buildd (I know because I use to run m68k/buildd#2).  It doesn't matter
if we have something as slow as a z80 as long as we have enough
net-connected slow-as-heck boxes, they could keep up.

--
James