Autobuilding with cross-compiler to solve m68k woes?

Howdy, folks.  At a local LUG meeting last night, we were talking
about the interesting issues that've come up with Debian since the
move to testing and pools, and the situation with m68k's autobuilders
being overloaded came up.

Would it be possible to set up a cross-compiling autobuilder somewhere,
maybe in a chroot'ed environment?  Obviously many packages don't use
autoconf and aren't totally simple to cross-compile, but the ones that
do shouldn't be that hard.  If we could do this, the arm, m68k, and
other architectures that "aren't getting much faster" build loads would
probably be lightened considerably.

Just a thought.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters E and N and the number 12.
"It makes my nipples hard!"