Re: nslookup?

from the secret journal of Nils Jeppe (nils@pandemonium.de):
> $ nslookup
> Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
> Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
> the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
>
> Does this have any special reason?

this is because bind9 works differently in this respect. i remember reading
something about a new interface. host and dig are usefull in their own
right, but i'm sure someone will write a wrapper for the new interface so we
don't have to retrain our fingers. for the real scoop,
www.isc.org/products/BIND.

--
Jacob Kuntz
underworld.net/~jake