Re: RANT: uploads to auric

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 01:21:40PM +0100, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Hmm how about this: The license of Python 2.0 contains a spelling mistake,
> for which I alway get lintian errors. Nevertheless, I don't like to modify
> the text of the license just to make lintian happy. OTOH, it certainly
> doesn't rectify a wishlist bug against lintian to exclude the copyright file
> of python2...

Use a per-package lintian override then.

> Now will you reject all python2 uploads ? ;-)

No, of course not - I did say:

> > I will not be nice from now on, when it is blatantly obvious that uploads
> > have not been checked with lintain by the maintainer.

when it is blatantly obvious, it stands out like a sore thumb.

Mike.
--

                      Michael Beattie (mike@ethernal.org)

   Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
   To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source