Re: package build-depending on itself?

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 03:04:16AM -0700, Edward Betts wrote:
> David Starner <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org> wrote:
> > It's not good, but it's unavoidable. We had this discussion before on
> > debian-devel, the resolution was that if it's unavoidable, it's
> > unavoidable. No one's going to kick dozens of packages out of Debian
> > because they depend or build-depend on a package that build-depends
> > itself.
>
> How do you build the package on a new arch?

Depends on the program. Some, like gnat, have fairly standardized
bootstrapping procedures that someone has to run manually. Others
may take writing a new backend to a compiler, in which you take that
arch out of the arch list until if and when someone choses to do so.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and