Re: Obsolete packages

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 02:25:22AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Uh, no...notice I said binary incompatible. The -glibc2.2 package cannot
> satisfy deps on libstdc++2.10. Else we would not have had to make the
> change in the package name, and the gcc build would not have changed the
> soname of the library (automagically).

Ahh. And any old support isn't possible since it'd have to be built
against glibc2.1, which means glibc2.1 would have to be available for
woody, which it won't be since glibc2.2 is.

So has anyone started filing serious bugs against all those packages that
need a rebuild? A rough count [0] seems to indicate a fair number of packages
are affected:

	alpha:      142
	arm:        189
	hurd-i386:  17
	i386:       175
	m68k:       260
	mips:       5
	powerpc:    195
	sparc:      156

Cheers,
aj

[0] grep-dctrl 'libstdc++' | grep-dctrl -v 'libstdc++-dev' |
      grep-dctrl -v 'libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2' |
      grep-dctrl -v 'libstdc++2.10-dev' |
      grep "^Package:" | wc -l