Re: Obsolete packages

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Ahh. And any old support isn't possible since it'd have to be built
> against glibc2.1, which means glibc2.1 would have to be available for
> woody, which it won't be since glibc2.2 is.

Er, so? We don't guarentee we can build everything in woody with stuff in
woody in an automated fashion.

Include the binary from potato, and whatever source is required to keep
RMS happy and don't worry about it.

We go through this every release, and we always do this. We *MUST* ship
the usual set of libsdtdc++'s because commercial apps, and apps from other
distributions use them, not to mention us :P

Jason