Re: Obsolete packages

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 01:32:50AM -0500, Jon Eisenstein wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea why libgnomeui33 and libstdc++2.1 are now listed
> as obsolete in unstable? I can't exactly file bugs against them, and many
> packages depend on each of these. I've been used to having 2 obselete
> packages listed for me (pine since it was locally compiled and fancylogin,
> since I'm not yet ready to move to francine), but why the sudden dropping
> of what seems to me to be fairly important libraries?

The libstdc++2.10 library is now libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2. All packages
compiled against latest libstdc++2.10-dev will depend on the -glibc2.2
package. The naming was chosen to avoid binary incompatibilities in
stdc++ when compiled against different glibc's (i.e. 2.1.3 in potato and
2.2.x in woody/sid).

I'm pretty sure the gnomeui library is obsoleted by some other library.