Re: New Perl Packages Released

    Christian> As the Makefile is autogenerated by a Module of
    Christian> perl-5.6 I wonder if there's an error in the perl-5.6
    Christian> package or if I misunderstood something.  The
    Christian> corresponding lines in the rules file are:

That error message suggests your getting ExtUtils::MakeMaker from a
version of perl < 5.6.  How may perls do you have on your system?  Any
locally built versions lying around?

    Christian> build-stmap:
    Christian> $(PERL) Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor
    Christian> $(MAKE) OPTIMIZE="-O2 -g -Wall"

You don't mention what PERL is set to in your debian/rules, but try
changing the second line above to

        $(PERL) Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor PERL=$(PERL)

and see if it behaves better

--
Stephen

"So if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood."... "And
therefore?"... "A witch!"