Re: ligatures (Re: ps2pdf and xpdf problems.)

    Alan> Hmmm... interesting.  It looks like another solution is to
    Alan> ditch CMR and use other Type1 fonts.  I just tried
    Alan> copy-paste from a PDF I made with Adobe's Spectrum with
    Alan> expert set and the ligatures come out as normal text when
    Alan> copied.  Ditto with pslatex.  So it seems the absolute
    Alan> easiest way of doing this is to stop using CMR.  8^)

I never have had any problems yet by having

\usepackage{times}

at the top of the file to automatically use the correct font.
(doesn't seem to affect maths mode though).

The ligatures aren't as good as with the default font, but still
acceptable standard (IMHO).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>