Re: Bug in auto-closing of bugs through changelog entries

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:50:04AM +0100, J?rgen A. Erhard wrote:
<snip>
> So... dinstall (which I *think* does this) check that the bug in a
> Closes clause really belongs to the package being installed.
This might be a feature for lintian, although it would involve
querying the bts every time lintian is run, which could be a
Bad Thing, especially for people who don't have always-up
access.

I'm willing to code this, it's a pretty simple check on
the changes file and the BTS.  But should it be part of
lintian?  Or should it be standalone--I don't think it would
be used as much if it were standalone.  Comments?

-thomas
--
Thomas Smith <tgs@finbar.dyndns.org>
http://finbar.dyndns.org/