Re: Possible ITP or IT-Sponsor gnome-doc-tools

Jules -

I am not interested in maintaining them if you wish to. The package on dcm's site are, btw, not good. I've done a couple of fixes and placed them on my site:

http://eliot.landrum.cx/packages/dists/woody/main/all/text/gnome-doc-tools_1.0-3_all.deb
http://eliot.landrum.cx/packages/dists/woody/main/source/text/

It is my understanding that gnome-doc-tools is being replaced in the very near future.

If you wish to maintain them, please feel free to use my source and update as necessary.

Jules Bean wrote:

Hi gtk-gnome people, hi Eliot,

I'm trying to compile the latest version of balsa for a debian
package. As has been the case for as long as I can remember, the
documentation doesn't compile ;-)

This time, however, I have spent more time investigating the error
message, and understand what is happening.

It seems that the GNOME doc project is using a DTD and DSL pair of
their own (fair enough) which is not in debian.

Further inspection shows that these are packaged at

http://people.redhat.com/dcm/software.html

by one Eliot Landrum.

It wouldn't surprise me if these tools are also needed by some other
gnome packages to produce their documentation.

Is there any other effort to package them that I'm unaware of? If not, consider this message either an intent to package, or an intent to
sponsor eliot's packages (depending whether he wants to maintain them
or not).

Jules Bean

--
Eliot Landrum