NM frustrations...

I hate to sound like I'm whining, but the NM process has just pushed me
past my frustration threshhold.

In short, today I was glancing through the list of maintainers at
http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php.  I was basically just checking up on my
progress compared to that of some others that I know that are in the
queue.  I am currently awaiting DAM approval and have been so since
2000-12-21 (the average is 31 days).  So I went to check on the progress
of a friend who is also.  Imagine my surprise when I saw that the DAM
had approved and created his account only *2 days* after receiving the
application.

Is there any reason why some people are forced to wait forever in the
DAM queue (the longest is 211 days!) while others go straight through?
Nobody from the NM comittee contacted me to indicate that there was any
problem with my application or anything.

noah