Re: printtool in Debian

Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 01:58:01AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > > gimp-print is neither available in Debian and even less it is
> > > integrated into the Debian-Printing-Environment(tm)
> >
> >   it looks like gimp-print will be packaged, sooner or later, not sure
> > though...
>
> gimp-print will be included with the next gs package. This will be sometime
> between february and march since I do not have the time to do a good
> package before. I am going to repackage the whole beast.
>
> cu
>         Torsten (gs maintainer)

  will it include integration with cups? I see it as more important, IMO
the whole gimp printing stuff should go away and it should use standard
printing - it does not do that only because standard printing is well
not standard;-) what sense it makes having 10 printing systems each with
its own drivers etc. (maybe not ten but quite a few - lprng with
magicfilters, cups, gs, gimp and probably some others). this is not an
issue of having more choices, this is a case of having few fragments of
a solution instead of system solution...

  gimp-print already goes in right direction (offering cups support) but
I am wondering how far it's gonna go...

	erik