Re: printtool in Debian

Grant,

Thanks for interesting information.

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 06:18:29PM -0500, Grant Taylor wrote:
> Red Hat has declared it dead, and they'll be shipping a new

I know that develpment is dead.  But program is functional.

> foomatic/magicfilter/lprng oriented replacement (I think written in
> Perl/Gtk?) shortly.

Looking forward to it.  Any URL?

> I think you should join up with Till of Mandrake and the KUPS guy;

Interesting informations.  After reading your comment, at this moment,
LPRNGTOOL seems to be the only fully functional alternatine for simple
lpd configuration.

I wish someone packages these new programs for debian onece they
are fully functional.

> I still think it'd be pretty nifty to do a debconf-based
> spooler-independant print configuration thingy.  But that's a project
> for another day...

This will be nifty.

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +
+   Fingerprint: 814E BD64 3288 40E7 E88E  3D92 C3F8 EA94 D5DE 453D   +