Re: Changes to the New Maintainer (NM) system

>> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

 > Nobody, not even the recommending developer, can be sure that the
 > motivation of an applicant to become a developer is serious.  It
 > might just seem so for the time until the recommendation happens.
 > It's just more effort which is wasted on something else beside free
 > software.

 Everytime something like this comes up I think back and say: "would I
 be here I had to have gone thru that"?  Everytime my answer has been
 "yes".

 Just for reference:

     Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:36:44 -0600 (CST)
     From: Marcelo E. Magallón <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr>

     Hi,

        my name is Marcelo Magallón, and I'd like to take over the
     maintainance of wmaker, since there are several bugs against wmaker,
     in particular a mixed dependencies bug. I have tried to contact the
     current maintainer, Neil A. Rubin <nar5@po.cwru.edu>, but he doesn't
     seem to be at that email anymore.

     I have several local packages for WindowMaker:

     [ some URLs ]

 I guess today I would add something like:

     I'd like to apply to become a Developer, would someone be willing
     to recommend my application?

 That can't be *that* hard, can it?  Can't take more than ten minutes.

--
Marcelo