Re: Changes to the New Maintainer (NM) system
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Changes to the New Maintainer (NM) system
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:36:14 +0000
- Message-id: <20010206153614.A1505@polya>
- In-reply-to: <20010205233103.A5210@sumpf.cyrius.com>; from email@example.com on Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:31:03PM +0000
- References: <20010205233103.A5210@sumpf.cyrius.com>
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:31:03PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> The exact steps are like this: you agree with a prospective developer
> to recommend him and he signs up at http://nm.debian.org. Then you
> have to go to this site, click on his name, follow the "advocate
> this application" link, put in your Debian login and press the 'submit'
> button. You will then receive an e-mail with an auth key which you have
> to return GPG/PGP signed. When this is done, the prospective developer
> will get an AM assigned who goes through the NM steps with him.
Easier possibility on everyone, perhaps: the new applicant enters the
advocate's Debian login name on the newnm.php page. This then
automatically emails the developer, who never has to go to the NM site
if they do not wish to.
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/