Re: Kernel 2.4: devfs: bugs

Depreciated is probably the wrong word, i beleive he just means that it supports
both ways of doing things.  I know devfs can be backward compatable, but having
400 or so symlinks in /dev ruins the idea of having a nice clean /dev to work
with.

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:01:46AM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> Not until:
>
> 1) kernel 2.4 is part of the distribution
> 2) devfs is anything other than an "experimental" feature in the kernel
>
> The old names aren't going to be "depreciated" any time soon, do you think?
> I'd love to see how a package would have a dependency on 2.4 when there
> isn't any 2.4 in woody/sid... and if there's no kernel for it to depend on,
> what names do you expect it to use? ^_^
>
> -----
> Marc Wilson

Erik Bernhardson
journey@jps.net
--
It is better to remain silent and be considered a fool, than to speak and
remove all doubt.