Re: Open letter to Debian community

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:32:23PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> Most of the things have been beaten to death. That's the way it is
> and it's unlikely to change.
>
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:14:25AM +0500, Victor Vislobokov wrote:
> >    First defect, IMHO is that Debian is very big.
>
> Dead horse. If it's an issue, make your own mini-Debian. It's very easy
> to do so.
>
> >    Today, Potato has many useless packages. I don't say, that they are not
> > needed by everyone, no, not everyone, but for majority, Who needs baby
> > shell?
>
> Someone. There's no reason not to have it packaged as along as someone
> is willing to maintain it.

Yes it should be maintained,  i think rather than eliminating the other
things hes just saying we need a more self contained,  first CD,  that does
most everything you should need,  with the extra CD's being just that, extras

like the afore mentioned 10+ IRC clients, etc.
> >   Many people will disagree, and say that they don't worry about number
> > of CDs Debian need. I don't complain, but for me it is hard to afford
> > more then 2 CDs.
>
> Where are you buying your CDs? You can get Potato for less than $10 from
> some of the CD places. If that's too much, you can buy just the first
> CD.

It should be noted that in russia 10$ may be a bit of money these days . .