Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian

On 30 Jan 2001 13:03:50 +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

>      > * Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) wrote :
>     >> Recent discussions about auditing have gotten me thinking about
>     >> Debian's use of version control (or lack thereof).  Currently,
>     >> the situation is left in the hands of individual developers.
>     >> Many of them use CVS; some use other methods; some use no
>     >> version control at all.
>
> Potato has ~2 GB of gzip sources, uncompress that gives you maybe
> 3 GB.
>
> Each day theres about 50 MB source updates. Some are new orig.tar.gz
> files, which could be diffed. But just assume the uncompressed diffs
> are about 50 MB/day.
>
> That means each year the debian cvs grows 18 GB in size. So in one
> year time we have 6 times the size.
>
> Who do you think will host that?

Ur. That was kind of my point. Which is why you've totally ignored my
attribution.
But I'm guessing it's going to be someone
WHO FUCKING WELL READS MAIL HEADERS AND DOESN'T SEND ME TWO COPIES OF
THE SAME MAIL!!!!
(and yes, I just checked my mail, and the followup-to is correctly set.)
-Thom, irritated.
(this mail sent with evolution from work - I have _no_ idea what it's
going to
do to my headers. Don't CC me.)