OpenSSH in sid and nproc limit - 33 processes needed to work??

Hello *,

  Since two days ago (I don't recall whether there was openssh upgrade back
then) I started getting "fork failed - resource temporarily unavailable"
when people were trying to log into a sid machine. The nproc limit was set
to 30 (soft) and 50 (hard) for ages in /etc/security/limits.conf and it
worked with no problems at all. It turned out, after experimenting, that
something (I suppose OpenSSH's sshd, since those people use different
shells) needs at least 33 processes to let the user in (note that most users
have at most 3 processes - screen, shell and some kind of irc). Has anyone
experienced the behavior as well?

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.