Re: SSHd not respecting configuration in /etc

    Adam> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 11:51:37PM -0500, Gregory Stark
    Adam> wrote:
    >>  Every time I update my system now sshd gets disabled
    >> again. This is most incredibly frustrating. The first time it
    >> happened I had to search until I found non-standard a file in
    >> /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run. Now every time I update I have to
    >> remove this file.

    Adam> You obviously told it not to run, and then told debconf not
    Adam> to ask you the same questions over and over.  So, each time
    Adam> you upgrade ssh, it reads your old answers from the debconf
    Adam> file.

But he removed the file created by the debconf script in /etc/ssh,
which IMHO counts as a change of local configuration by the
administrator under 11.7.3 of policy 3.2.1.2.  As such, the upgrade
script must respect this change.  I believe it would be reasonable to
open a serious bug against ssh for not doing so.  See the thread about abusing debconf recently.

I don't see why it was reasonable to bring up a problem with a single package here.