Re: User concerned about packages status

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:45:36 -0800
Mircea Luca <mluca@canada.com> wrote:

> Hi
> So what will be the proper way to adress such problems,since I'm sure
> there are other packages in this situation?

I'm not a developper either but here are what i think are your options:

1/ Raise the isssue here and ask if there's no developper willing to
maintain those pakages. Maybe there are some developper who are like you
interrested in those packages.
2/ Learn and do the job yourself nd ask a maintener to upload it as
a sponsor. Sure you have to be more than a basic User to do that. But if
you managed to use Debian, packaging is just the next step.
3/ Become yourself a developper: this is a next step again but harder.
4/ Pay a developper to do the job - if you really need thoses packages,
and have absolutely no time to do it yourself. But I'm not sure
developpers can spare some time even for some money.
5/ Find equivalent packages. i'm pretty sure there are some. otherwise
thoses packages will not be unmaintened.
6/ Well, if none of above is suitable then i fear there's no way...

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>