Re: ITP: xfsprogs -- Utilities for managing the XFS filesystem

hi,

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 04:21:23AM -0600, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Nathan Scott <nathans@debian.org> [010128 03:51]:
> > (supporting each of extended attributes, ACLs, quotas, DMAPI,
> > etc, as separate patches) - currently these are all in the same
>
> I take it these are the patches ive seen come up in KT every so often
> with a slue of "smack-down!" responses on why the kernel source proper
> shouldn't have these things? :)

Not that I'm aware of - the rationale is more to do with creating
a smaller base XFS patch which touches fewer kernel files and is
thus easier to patch into each new kernel version and easier to
distribute.  My list was also far from complete - there are other
things like kiobuf-based IO, kdb, sct's sard patch,... in the tree
so at the moment generating an XFS-only patch is non-trivial.

cheers.