Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']

The best reason to adopt NM by recommendation is that most of the
Application Managers, it seems, like the idea.  While the AMs
don't speak for Debian as a whole they do speak for themselves
and might decide to use their limited time in other ways.  It
must be a pain in the ass to not be able to even get a ping from
an applicant when you've managed to make time for him.

Julian Gilbey wrote:

> So you were sponsored and your sponsor accepted your package?  That
> should be enough to get into the NM process; your sponsor should
> happily put your name on the list.
>
> [Suggestion, should we go along the recommendation route: that anyone
> whose name appears as maintainer of a package should automatically be
> able to apply to the NM process with no other need for
> recommendation.]

I agree.

I'm not an AM but I sponsor packages in.  Sponsoring a package
means you're happy with the quality of the package and the
packaging and should count for the recommendation in itself.
And there are quite a few willing sponsors since NM reopened.

Rick