Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 12:05:56AM -0600 , Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Glenn" == Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au> writes:
>
>  Glenn> How about changing policy to make all existing maintainers subject to
>  Glenn> the same rules that would apply if they were joining today.
>
> 	Having seen the rules in place, I am not sure if that would
>  make a major difference.

Actually, you it would a bit. As not everyone is an AM, so they have lot of work
it should probably be like this
1) NM registers and this application gets hold until
2) he persuades some developer to "check" his application in the NM page,
then
3) #include <current-NM-process>

This would efficiently increase the number of AMs

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

Obviously the only rational solution to your problem is suicide.