Re: Configure error of console-data (reported already?)

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 08:34:09PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Svante Signell (svante.signell@telia.com) wrote:
> > Setting up console-data (1999.08.29-14) ...
> > NONE
> > cannot open file NONE
> > dpkg: error processing console-data (--configure):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
>         The reason for this is that you have kbd instead of console-tools
> installed.  Not totally sure what the difference is and suspect it's an
> actual bug that should be fixed, but thought I'd let you know in case you
> just want something that works: apt-get install console-tools

This is an actual bug. NONE is returned from a script called by
console-data.postinst when the user has requested that the script not
change the current keymap settings. However the postinst script doesn't
check for this, and proceeds to try to open a file called NONE.

[ Cc: console-data maintainer ]

--
Taral <taral@taral.net>
Please use PGP/GPG to send me mail.