Re: LILO in TESTING broken!

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 10:40:00AM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> russell@coker.com.au (Russell Coker)  wrote on 05.01.01 in <[🔎] 01010511183503.00874@lyta>:
> > Also I am concerned about the risk of breaking things.  Please let me know
> > how it works.
> Not only breaks it things, it made it into testing (maybe because or

It made it into testing because there weren't any release critical bugs
against it. This probably means either:

	(a) it didn't cause any security problems or data loss, and doesn't
	    break the whole system

or	(b) nobody who knew about any of the above problems bothered to
	    file a bug of the appropriate severity

If, as the maintainer of a package, you don't think it's suitable for
widescale consumption, it's appropriate to file a "serious" bug against
that package yourself: that way it'll both be ignored by testing, or
it'll get removed before the release if it's already made it in.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''
                       -- linux.conf.au, 17-20 January 2001