Re: overriding dependencies of dh_shlibdeps

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:57:19PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I'm new to debian packaging and I would know if it is possibile to
> ovverride dependencies found by dh_shlibdeps.
> The problem is that I've debianized a package on a sid machine and now
> this package depends, for example, to libc6 2.2, but this package still
> work with libc6 2.0 !
>
> I know that I can add other dependencies on the debian/control file, but
> I doesn't know if I can override automagically found dependencies ...

Generally, it is a good idea to listen to the dependencies found by
dh_shlibdeps (via dpkg-shlibdeps).  They are created by the maintainer of the
shared library package, who usually knows what s/he is doing with that
particular library.  Even if the program appears to work, it may not work in
all cases.

If you really want the package to work on libc6 2.0 systems, you should
recompile it there.

--
 - mdz