Re: overriding dependencies of dh_shlibdeps

Hi Zack,

> I'm new to debian packaging and I would know if it is possibile to
> ovverride dependencies found by dh_shlibdeps.
> The problem is that I've debianized a package on a sid machine and now
> this package depends, for example, to libc6 2.2, but this package still
> work with libc6 2.0 !

> I know that I can add other dependencies on the debian/control file, but
> I doesn't know if I can override automagically found dependencies ...

You can create a debian/shlibs.local file, that lists what packages you want
to map the library dependencies to.  In general, a cleaner way to handle this
is to simply build the package against libc6 2.0 instead of libc6 2.2.  With
symbol versioning, it's not guaranteed that all the functions you use from
libc6 2.2 will work the same way as the libc6 2.0 functions; but it is
guaranteed that if you compile the program against libc6 2.0, it will also
work with 2.2.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer