Re: ITP: bibletime

> I don't know what, but if people read the developers-reference in our
> "stable" distribution, I am kind of sure that they
>  will not see a reference to bugging wnpp.
> Instead, it probably only tells you about sending mail to
> debian-devel@lists.debian.org and checking the archives.
>
> Reading the fine manual in stable doesn't help, and only those
> who follow the latest information would know to do it "right".

As far back as when I became a member there were steps for uploading a package.

first check wnpp
if not there then send mail to debial-devel (and cc wnpp) and state your
ITP.

that still applies...except the mail to debian-devel is reversed...you now
submit a bug to wnpp and cc debian-devel...

all of this is explained on the wnpp web site (which the old *stable* developers
refernce refers you to *and* the Debian web site referes you to) and all of
this has been discussed on debian-devel.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/developers-reference/ch-upload.html#s6.1

hmmm..what else...

There is plenty of information out there...the point here is that there
was nothing on debian-devel and nothing in the wnpp...this is because the
original mails went out last year sometime..(probably about 6 months ago)...
This particular case was more of a *drop the ball in all the confusion* type
of deal.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II