Re: Solution strategy: Re: use and abuse of debconf

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Answering the question would have been more useful.  I know that one can fake
> this by futzing with the 'seen' flag.  Is this what you are referring to?

No, read up on the REGISTER command.

> We're
> talking maybe a kilobyte here to start, maybe a few kilobytes eventually.
> There's no need for a separate package.

I'm not comfortable putting it in debconf for a variety of reasons,
amoung them are the fact that some people want to allow cdebconf to be
used as a drop in replacement, and also the fact that I'm not at all
interested in maintaining the shared templates.

--
see shy jo