eth0: unable to signal thread

Hello,

	Since I upgraded my potato system to work with 2.4.* (I
created packages to upgrade every necessary package :-), everything is
working just fine, unless a message that is bothering me a little when
I halt or reboot my machine.
	Well, when I halt or reboot, first /etc/init.d/sendsigs is
called and sends TERM signal to all process, including [eth0]. Then,
when /etc/init.d/networking is called, the following message is shown:

	eth0: unable to signal thread

	Is there anyone else getting this message? I don't know what
changed in 2.4.* regarding to networking (currently I am running
2.4.1-pre8), so this may not be the correct list to send my
message. If it's not, my apologies. Anyway, I think this must be
related to scripts (I downloaded woody netbase to give a look and it
does the same when stopping daemon).

PS: Send a copy to me, please, I am not from debian-devel list.

[]'s
--
Rodrigo S. de Castro   <rcastro@linux.ime.usp.br>