Re: error with locales in glibc 2.2

ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@linux.or.jp> writes:

> >> I've tested a few more, but so far, I have only been able to find the
> >> default "C" and "en_US" to work.
>
>  Please check /etc/locale.gen, perhaps your sv_SE, en_GB (and so on)
> is comented out in yours.
>
>  Uncoment these and run /usr/sbin/locale-gen

Indeed you're right. I didn't know I had to choose which ones to be
generated. What's the reason for this choice, instead of generating
them all? Speed and size?

I also don't recall seeing anything about this when
installing/upgrading locales or libc. Will my choices be automatically
generated when upgrading from now on?

Greetings,

Tomas