Re: killing daemons on package removal?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 10:10:36AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> Shouldn't packages which contain a daemon kill the deamon when
> the package is removed and not replaced with a newer one (like
> during upgrade)? If I deinstall a service I expect it to end.

yes, stop the daemon in the prerm. This will also be done on upgrade (well,
could be done later at upgrade, but this is the easist way.

One problem I have is, that the prerm should not fail of the stop was not
neeeded cause the daemon was not running (which will normally be considered
as an error. So --oknodo should be used here.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --