Re: Raid support in debian.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:28:02PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Do I miss some things here? Is there any case with raid support
> that this simple mirroring fix?

For raid1 this looks good enough, you even have enough info to get LILO
right. However, I also have some machines still using raid5 on 3 disks,
where the ideal solution would be to have one or more raid5 sets,
combined with one small raid1 set to place /boot on so that you can use
lilo, yet still have redundancy.

I switched to raid1 on newer machines for simplicity, so I won't blame
you if you decide to forget raid5.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed