Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

> packages. Coincidently or not, it seems he managed to get approved
> pretty quickly (applied 2000-11-27, AM assigned 2001-01-03, account
> created 2001-01-13).

I think exactly this is the problem. Is the NM process completly random? Or
are new accounts granted only at will. I always thought that there are
rules. But it seems that there are some who don't care about these
rules. (Read it once again: I said, it *seems* they don't care, i don't say
that they don't care!)

In a democratic society rules are very important (also the way these rules are
set up is very important). If there are people who don't care about the rules,
then there is a problem.

Hey, there were some people who wanted this NM process. They worked out
rules. Now here it is. Now you have to live with the rules or change them.

By the way: In a democratic society all persons who get special jobs (like
judges, AMs, DAMs and the like) are *servants* of the rules and the
society. No more and no less.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.