Re: Path modification

dlitz@dlitz.net (Dwayne C . Litzenberger) wrote:

> I suggest moving /usr/bin/mh/ to /usr/lib/mh/bin/, and installing a
> script in /usr/bin/mh that simply notifies the user to read the mh man
> page for instructions.

> Or, if we don't want to move /usr/bin/mh, one could always put the
> script in /bin, but that might be just as ugly.

Moving /usr/bin/mh?  Not a good idea, since it breaks with both common
MH tradition and the FHS.

Why do we need a mh script?  There is no mh command.  There never has
been and there never will be.  Do we really need something to remind the
user to read a man page?  I don't understand.

On the other hand, since there is no nmh command, the nmh man page
should be located in section 7 instead of section 1.  I'll look into
filing a bug against this.

- Brian