Re: menu-policy: education

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 12:37:34AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 07:12:18PM -0800, phil@bolthole.com wrote:
> > okay.. so where should [making an education section] be brought up?
>
> The only mention of subsections in the Debian policy manual is section
> 2.1.7.  It does not dictate what the sections should be.  It simply says
> that they exist and that you should check the current distribution to see
> what sections are available.  However, sections don't actually exist in
> the archives now that we have package pools, so now it seems subsections
> should be a policy thing.
>
> So ... that being the case, we need to step back from the education
> section for a minute and make a proposal that there be a sub-policy for
> sections much as there is a sub-policy for menu structure.  Once there is
> such a policy, we can talk about adding the education section to that
> sub-policy.

oh good greif. This reminds of that Dilbert strip:

"Are you sure it's okay to jump right into a pre-meeting without
  plannning?"

"Okay, let's start this planning session for the pre-meeting" :-/

Can't "whoever's in charge of the releases" just decide, "Hey, in the next
release there will now be an Education section" ?