Re: PRE Version numbers

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 03:00:11PM -0500, Brian Mays wrote:
>      If an upstream package has problematic version numbers they should be
>      converted to a sane form for use in the `Version' field.

I would argue that what we're currently doing for pre versions is not
sane.  But a sane solution is going to take two releases and require
another special character in versions.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

* wichert_ imagines master without a MTA
<james> wichert: ehm?  that might hinder peformance of the BTS :p