Re: swap not enabled if raid devices not in sync when booting

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 06:40:44PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> This is most likely to occur when the power fails, and I don't want to
> have to be around just so I can manually enable the swap partitions.
>
> (side-note: none of my swap partitions use RAID.)

It is unsafe to use swap on a resyncing raid partition. Both swap
partitions and swap files will be corrupted if active during a resync.
The course taken curently is the safest and easiest: if raid is
resyncing, simply do not activate swap. It should be possible to
activate swap on those partitions that are not raided. I'm sure the
maintainer would be happy to accept a patch to implement that. *But*
your patch needs to check that it never activates any swap on any
resyncing raid partition.

--
Mike Stone